Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Biodegradable tampons?

I am new to using tampons and was wondering what brands or products are biodegradable?
I do know of the seasponge, however at my work there is no private sink for me to wash it out.
ThanksBiodegradable tampons?
The tampon fibers themselves will break down under normal conditions within the sewage or septic systems. It's the applicators the present problems. If you're interested in them, OB is applicator free, and then there are those that have cardboard applicators, which like all paper products will biodegrade in water. Otherwise, the plastic applicators must go in the trash.

BTW, my personal opinion of the sea sponge is in a word: UNHYGIENIC. I can't imagine re-using a tampon. That's just too far over the top for me.
All brands are biodegradable as far as I know. That′s why you can flush them down the toilet.
ob or any cardboard applicator tampons will biodegrade. But, I prefer to use a plastic applicator tampon. They are more comfortable for me to insert, and I usually end up crushing the #$%# cardboard one. I have used ob, but they just weren't my thing.
seventh generation is a good brand- they use organic cotton that doesnt have chlorine in it like other brands. also they have no applicator so it reduces waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment