Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birth control/ period question PLZZZZZZZ Answer?

i have a a big group of events coming up and im supposed to get my period the day before all of them... im on birth controll .... is there any way i can either make my period stop earlier so i can enjoy at least the trip im going on....cuz i can deal w/ it for the other events... or is it ok to just start the next pack of pills and miss my period .... or can i just skip the sugar pills and take the first week of the next pack and then take the sugar pills from the old pack....
will starting the next pack mess up my cycle????Birth control/ period question PLZZZZZZZ Answer?
You just skip the sugar pills and immediately start a new pack of pills. Throw the old pack out (with only the sugar pills left) and finish up the new pack per normal.
I don't think it works that way. You can't make your period disappear. You should stay on track with your birth control pills, even though the last week is the placebo. Do you wear tampons or pads? If you wear pads, I would suggest trying tampons. For me, it makes my period much more bearable because I'm not constantly worrying if it leaked or whatnot, and you can move much easier.
I had the same problem. I didn't want to get my period on my honeymoon, so I talked to my doc. He told me to just keep taking the active pills. I felt a little nauseous for a day, but that was it. It was wonderful.
It's perfectly fine to skip the placebos on this pack and go on to the next one. I do that all the time for endometriosis. If you do it too often it will mess up your cycle, but just once is fine. If you want a way to absolutely stop bleeding, talk to your doctor, although they typically only stop the bleeding if you have a good reason too (ie cyst, fibroids, etc), but she may still be able/willing to give you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment