Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birth control and periods?

I have been taking Yaz birth control since July. Before this my periods were 5-7 days with heavy to light bleeding. Now on the pill I have my periods 2 or 3 days and very light bleeding. It usually starts the day before or day of starting a new pack. I have noticed over time my bleeding is getting lighter and lighter. Last night I started my period. There was no blood on the pad in the morning and using tampons today there was only a little blood on the top of the tampon. When I wipe I can't even see blood unless I place the toliet paper in my vaginia. It has never been this light before. I took a pregnancy test just to find some relief and it was negative.
I'm wondering- is this normal or should call my gyno? Anyone have personal experience with this or expertise in the medical field?Birth control and periods?
That's normal for me. The hormones actually mean that you don't produce as much lining in your uterus, since you body doesn't think that it needs to prepare for pregnancy - so lighter periods.
I don't know much about the Yaz BC pill, but I do know you don't really have anything to be alarmed about. Some birth controls have different effects on different people. And different amount of hormones are going to send different messages to your body. If you're super concerned, call your doctor to ease your mind. Stress could be playing a factor in this as well. I don't think you have much to worry about, but I'd call your doctor just incase, it can't hurt. (Biology major here)
i dont think your pregnant but you should ask a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment