Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Body after c-section?

i have read it is normal to miss periods after surgery.i had a c-section 3 months ago.i had 1 menstrual cycle after than no more.anybody else experience this? thanksBody after c-section?
Well, surgery, yeah, but also giving birth will stop your periods, particularly if you are breastfeeding the baby. It's called "lactational amenorrhea", and is nature's way of trying not to let Mom get pregnant while baby is still relying on her for everything.
It's not 100% effective as a contraceptive, so use a backup.
it is normal to miss it for two months a sfar as going three months i would see a doctor this is being answered by a father of two c section babys as well as a emt good luck
I have had 2 c-sections with my first born I didnt get a period for the first 6 months with my second I got my period about 2 months after having her.
It should be normal considering the menstrual cycle does chnage after the birth of a child...i had a csection myself but havent experienced this...try birth control and it should help regulate it ive been taking birth control for 5 or 6 years now and it helps tremendously even my periods are shortened length lasting only 4 days:)
It took my body 6mon. to get back to it's original cycles. Just give time and if it dont get better call your OB doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment