Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birth Control/Period???

I am on birth control,,,Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. There are 4 stages,,,light blue, medium blue, dark blue, then green for when you are on your period. I am on the green ones right now,,,and have not started my period this month however I spotted a whole bunch last week while on the dark blue ones. Is that considered my period??? Can you sometimes start your period before the actual green pills? I'm so confused,,,never happened before! Please explain what is going on with my body!!!Birth Control/Period???
You should get a period during the green pills, as these are the inactive ones. What you probably experienced was breakthrough bleeding, which is a common side effect of the pill, Also, if you have been on the pill for 3 months or less, you will experience period irregularities until your body gets used to the hormones. If 3 months go by and your cycles don't become regular, you will need to go back to your doctor as it's possible a hormonal imbalance has occurred, and you will need to change pills or the dosage.
i would suggest going to your doc, explain, and change your pill, god how confusing! i take one pill a day every day thats it!
no blue
green
purple
orange
pink crap! 1 pill a day!
Your body usually needs a pill pack or two before getting your period on the correct week. When I started my pill pack I was a little off.

No comments:

Post a Comment