Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birth control -- moody??

I have been on birth conrtol for 6 years now, since I was 12. I get terrible cramps that constrict me to my bathroom for 3 days. I have been on a low estrogen pill until now. My doctor just switched me to Necon which is apparently a higher dose of estrogen. I am already pretty moody, the tiniest things bother me. When I switch, am I going to get moodier??? I definitely do not want this, I'm moody enough! Also, are there any other concerns with switching to a higher dose?? Thanks.Birth control -- moody??
I am on Necon also but it is not a higher dose of estrogen than other pills. It has more progestin in it than the really low dose pills. I had horrible mood swings on Seasonale and switched to this pill . I am finally myself again. Higher estrogen pills are the ones to worry about. So there is no concern for switching.
Low-dose pills have 30–35 mcg estrogen plus progestin. Necon has 35mcg of estrogen. So this is still a low dose pill.
I don't think many people will be familiar with the specific effects of this particular type of B.C. You should read up on the side effects on the website for that pill. I do know that B.C pills have so many different side effects. If it does make you more moody, tell your doc. I'm sure he won't have a problem switching you to something different.

  • Cats
  • Breeding geckos
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment