Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Am i at high risk for breast cancer?

When my mother was 8 months pregnant with me she was diagnosed with breast cancer and she had to do an early delivery so they could operate on the cancer. She went into remission but a few years later it came back and killed her when i was 4. does this make me at a high risk?Am i at high risk for breast cancer?
I am so sorry to hear that. I am also sad to say that yes, it does increase your risk for breast cancer. Any family history increases your risk, but as is with all else does not guarantee that you will get it too.
Any family history of breast cancer increases your risk. I hope you get a gyn exam at least once a year and a mammogram early. Tell your doctor your family history.
I'm not sure but my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer right after or right before I was born too. She later died when I was 2years old... so we're in the same boat... I really have no clue, but i sure hope not!
There are more than one hundred types of cancers and each type of cancer has different symptoms. Many of these symptoms are also associated with common ailments, so only thorough checkup by a doctor, can identify the real problem . More details and information at http://candp.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment